I have a bad feeling about this...
Neocatechumenate to Coach Russian Orthodox Priests
I have some rather serious issues and worries concerning the Neocatechumenal Way (whose leadership, I might add, was recently informed by the Pope that their masses need to conform to the norm of the Church) and I do not look favourably on this.
As Michael_Thoma posted:
– the life of the Way is totally separate from that of the other parishioners,
– catechism and more importantly liturgies (even Sunday ones which are always celebrated Saturday evening after first vespers, and including the important Easter Vigil), are also separate and exclude "outsiders",
– abandoning of the church hall and its consecrated altar, and thus devaluing them, in favour of other venues which are not assigned to the Eucharist,
– upsetting of the territorial order of the parish,
– and finally, preparation of the (many) candidates for priesthood in specific seminaries set up by the Way, and separate (even these!) from the "normal" ones (I won’t call them the “diocesan” ones because those of the "Redemptoris Mater" are already known as such).