Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Prayers Requested...

...for my laptop.

A large and formidable army of Chinese (yes, Chinese!) spyware has swamped my system, quickly subduing any defenses I had put in place over the past months. Apparently, the single wireless network system (I've been criticisng that silly, impractical system non-stop since day one) that Republic Polytechnic has uses has served as a passage way for the virus to travel, infecting a great deal of computers around.

The IT people have recommended a reformatting (how wildly creative!), which will be performed tomorrow. I hope that will save the machine. I have to use it every day, and I really don't want to go on like this.

I managed to salvage most of my beloved files (including my priceless collection of photographs taken over the past 4 years), but I am afraid I have lost many of my favourite fonts forever.

This post was composed on my mother's ancient machine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

We are going through the same thing, ugh.

Tue Oct 17, 02:06:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home