Sunday, April 16, 2006

Catechumen No More

Gently whisking you with my twig,
So that you may have good health in the coming year.
Please then, take this twig and give me a token sum in return.


Happy Palm Sunday to all!

...behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass...
Zachariah 9:9

It is the custom in Slav countries to use pussy willow branches instead of palm fronds because palm fronds were not easily available in the north - hence, according to the Slavic custom, I received pussy willow branches today. They had lots of lovely white-coloured buds before the Liturgy, but for some reason, they all fell out after that (must be a commentary of some sort).

Anyway - it has been confirmed. I will be baptised this Saturday (22nd April), at 9 o'clock in the morning. I'm still settling other (minor) issues, like who will be representing Carmen, my sponsor (who has migrated to Romania), on that day. All who are able to come are invited to do so =)

Baptism will be held at 9 in the morning at Holy Resurrection Church (#301 River Valley Road, opposite the AA building).

Note: For convenience's sake, I will not be changing this blog's address. I will, however, change the name of the blog to something that reflects my new status.

5 Comments:

Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you!

Mon Apr 17, 09:07:00 am 2006  
Blogger Francis said...

Congratulations! If you purchase aeroplane tickets, I'll come. =P

Mon Apr 17, 11:35:00 am 2006  
Blogger Vidimusdominum said...

Praise the Lord! Welcome to the body of Christ.
I might just be able to make it for the baptism. And as I've always wanted to visit an Orthodox church I think that it'll be a perfect opportunity.
The Good Lord keep you until than.

Mon Apr 17, 11:14:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Thanks be to God! You will be in my prayers on Holy Saturday! Lord have Mercy!

Tue Apr 18, 02:44:00 am 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Constantine: what wonderful news! Thanks be to God. Please be assured of my prayers for you. I'll work out the time difference and remember you at 9am Singapore time.

If I had some spare cash for a flight, I'd be there in a flash.

Tue Apr 18, 05:35:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home