Monday, April 10, 2006

Singapore, My Homeland

Browsing through blogs at this unholy hour, I found this:

I've been surfing Friendster and I'm constantly amazed by the number of people who, under the "favourite books" section, proudly announce "Books? Yuck!" or "Who needs them? I don't read!". Who'd have thought anyone would consider illiteracy a badge of distinction? Ah yes, but then I live in Singapore, an island with less culture than a pot of yoghurt, and where the vast majority of citizens are dumb illiterate cattle without the capacity to think and reason, without common sense, without manners or any graces at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Books, yuck? That's a scary thought.

Tue Apr 11, 02:21:00 am 2006  
Blogger Sprezzatura said...

Oy, how about telling people where that came from =p

Wed Apr 12, 11:55:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home