Sunday, November 05, 2006

19.

Today marks the end of all birthday festivities which begun on November 3, the 19th anniversary of my birth.

Friday, November 3rd, was a day I could best describe as bad. The day began ominously enough, being required to travel down to Scotts in Orchard Road to commence filming for an assignment. The day was exhausting - having spent six hours out there filming and another four more back in Republic Polytechnic digitizing the film and sitting for a test I was hardly prepared for.

The rest of the day didn't go too well either - I learnt that Jana, whom I planned to take out for dinner the next day, was leaving the country for an indefinite period of time, I missed an appointment with Kenny and I returned home only to be bombarded on Instant Messenger by Sik Wee complaining how I had "deliberately" missed seeing him today after class.

The day wasn't entirely bad, however. I received calls from my godmother and her sister (she resides in Brazil), sending their greetings and well-wishes. The latter call was entirely unexpected, but very much appreciated. My parents held a pleasant (if somewhat mechanical) celebration. The rest of the day was spent editing the English for some entries in Wikimedia Commons.

Saturday wasn't bad at all - slept in, spent the entire afternoon watching X-Men: Evolution episodes on YouTube before heading down to China Square for dinner with the guys - Edward, Norman, Ernest and Anthony. Dinner was at Oosters Belgian brasserie, where we had lots of mussels, beer and pommes frites (French fries) with lots of mayonnaise.

I had my first yoga experience on Sunday. The experience was incredibly thrilling and humbling at the same time - many of the middle-aged aunties performed the stretches with greater dexterity than we (Edward, Michael and I) did, and with far less groaning and squirming too.

All in all, I'd say it was a rather satisfying weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home