Sunday, October 02, 2005

I was at Oktoberfest!

No, I was not in Munich – in fact, I didn’t even leave Singapore.

Malcolm took Camillus and I to celebrate the festivities at the only German microbrewery in Singapore - Paulaner Bräuhaus. Located in a unique three-story glass building at Millenia Walk (a stone’s throw away from Suntec City), it offers freshly-brewed on the premises German beer and traditional Bavarian cuisine in a cosy and rustic setting.

Three mugs of Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen and seats by the bar at the second level, we enjoyed a once-a-year only performance by a Bavarian band. They played traditional Oktoberfest and German songs – Viva Colonia, etc as well as modern hits like I Will Survive. I don’t understand why kids would want to visit modern discotheques – I enjoyed this far better than deafening techno/trance hits.

Here’s a photograph of Camillus and I with a charming beer girl – Malcolm says the wider range of German beer girls aren’t slim and/or voluptuous – they are usually older women with large arms strong enough to carry up to eight or more mugs at one time.

Photo taken by Malcolm with cell phone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home