Thursday, November 03, 2005

An Update

Events that have happened in the past few days:

Celebrated the feast of All Saints at the local SSPX chapel – located a convenient 10 minutes walk from my parish, Holy Resurrection church.

I'm convinced that the few hundred metres behind Somerset MRT station is the bastion for orthodox (note small ‘o’) worship in Singapore.

Edward has introduced a ‘Cardinal Humbert Prize’, named after the “fool whose ill-temper and pride was the catalyst for the breaking of communion between the Roman and Constantinopolitan Churches in 1054”, for Latins (i.e. Roman Catholics) who say silly and ignorant things about the Eastern Churches. Readers welcome to submit entries at any time. I’m hoping this award will be awarded weekly – there sure are a lot of stupid things being said (me having endured the bulk of them during the weekend).

Introduced to El Sheikh Café at 18 Pahang Street – with reasonably priced food and excellent arghileh (more widely known as hookah/shisha) – it is fast becoming my favourite place in Singapore to hang.

Turned 18 years of age today – now I can be baptised Orthodox without obtaining parental consent (which, as we all know, they will never give). Whoopee!

One more thing – my little comment at this post didn’t come from me per se. It was largely ripped off one of Vernon’s older posts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

Happy Birthday, a day belated! Let us know about your baptism. If you don't mind my asking, what faith do your parents belong to?

Fri Nov 04, 09:58:00 am 2005  
Blogger Constantine said...

Ah, my parents are independent, fundamentalist, Born-Again, separated KJV-Only conservative Bible-Presbyterians.

You probably know how hard it can be to discuss matters of the faith with them...

Fri Nov 04, 02:09:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

My prayers are with you, and them.

Sat Nov 05, 11:40:00 am 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home